Following Government advice published on Monday 1 June the following Rugby League activity is permitted:
- Practising of individual skills and fitness activities. #SkillToPlay #FitToPlay
- Taking part in Rugby League activity with your family or people living in your household
- Skills and fitness activity in groups of no more than six:
Such group activity should comply with social distancing rules keeping two metres apart at all times.
Equipment including balls must be regularly sanitised.
Hand hygiene practices should be in place.The playing of any games, small sided or full, is not permitted.
Avoid meeting in groups of six in busy or overcrowded areas where it is not possible to maintain social distancing.
Rugby League coaches can lead small group activity for up to six people which includes the coach.
- Coaches must follow the RFL’s safeguarding policies at all times ensuring they remain in sight of another adult, risk assess the activities and gain consent of the parent/carer if the participant is under 18. Particular care should be taken when risk assessing activity for younger age - groups where compliance with social distancing rules may be more challenging.
- Listen to the views of children and young people about their activities.
- Coaches can organise a session that has more than one group of six involved in the session as long as the groups are kept separate, social distancing rules are observed (including how players enter and exit the facility), and rules regarding use of and sanitation of equipment are observed and strict hygiene measures are in place.
- If any individual is symptomatic, living in a household with possible COVID-19 infection or is vulnerable on health grounds the guidance is to stay at home.
We will continue to work closely with the Department of Digital Culture Media and Sport and Sport England, and will continue to provide further guidance when appropriate and will be releasing the RFL’s ‘Return to Community Rugby League Plan’ shortly.
Further guidance relating specifically to Wheelchair, Physical and Learning Disability Rugby League will issued in due course.
A series of Community Game Webinars will be taking place this week where further updates will be provided.